Saturday, April 8th 2:15 - 3:15 pm
Wellesley College Turf Field
This session is strongly encouraged if your daughter has not played a full season of field hockey.
This introduction will be for 1 hour which will include basic fundamentals such as field hockey grip, field hockey stance, dribbling the ball, practicing hitting the ball with the 'flat part' of the stick and some of the basic defensive skills. This session is not comprehensive but will give new players confidence going into the scrimmages.
The focus for Scrimmage Sundays is to let the girls play the game, learn rules of the game and game strategy including field position, etc. The scrimmages build upon the skills that the players have been taught in previous Scoops sessions.
Intro to Field Hockey
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the United States Field Hockey Association programs, The Wellesley Scoops Field Hockey Club, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates and willingly agrees that:
- I will comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official, coach, volunteer or parent immediately; and
- I acknowledge and fully understand that each participant will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and sever social and economic losses which may result not only from their own actions, inactions or negligence but the action, inaction or negligence of others, the rules of play, or the condition of the premises or of any equipment used. Further, I accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury, permanent disability or death; and,
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risk, both known and unknown, even those arising from the negligent acts or omissions of others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release, hold harmless the United States Field Hockey Association, its officers, officials, affiliated clubs (including but not limited to, The Wellesley Scoops Field Hockey Club), their respective administrators, directors, agents, coaches, and other employees of the organization, other participants, sponsoring agencies advertisers, and if applicable owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event, all of which are hereinafter referred to as “releasees,” with respect to all and any injury, disability, death or loss or damage to person or property, whether arising from the negligence of the releasees or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- I hereby grant permission to USA Field Hockey and The Wellesley Scoops Field Hockey Club to use my photograph image or likeness in any or all official USA Field Hockey publications, film, video or official USAFH website(s) without further consideration or compensation. I understand that USAFH retains ownership of all photographs and images and any and all rights to photographs images in any format or medium.
- I have read this release of liability and assumption of risk agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it and sign it freely and voluntarily without any inducement.
Through purchase of the Wellesley Scoops session, this is to certify that I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to her release, as provided above, of all the Releasees, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s involvement or participation in these programs as provided above, even if arising from their negligence, to the fullest extent permitted by law.