The Fall 2019 is a 7-week season.
Sunday afternoons for 1-hour. Practice time will be communicated towards the start of the season.
Wellesley College Turf Field
September 15th - November 3rd.
Players will be grouped by grade (and school/school district/town, when possible).
Through purchase and registering with Wellesley Scoops, I hereby agree to the Wellesley Scoops Waiver & Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement language & USA Field Hockey's Waiver & Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement language as described below and in our Terms & Conditions section on this website.
Fall 2019 Season (Grades 2-4)
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the United States Field Hockey Association programs, The Wellesley Scoops Field Hockey Club, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates and willingly agrees that:
- I will comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official, coach, volunteer or parent immediately; and
- I acknowledge and fully understand that each participant will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and sever social and economic losses which may result not only from their own actions, inactions or negligence but the action, inaction or negligence of others, the rules of play, or the condition of the premises or of any equipment used. Further, I accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury, permanent disability or death; and,
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risk, both known and unknown, even those arising from the negligent acts or omissions of others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release, hold harmless the United States Field Hockey Association, its officers, officials, affiliated clubs (including but not limited to, The Wellesley Scoops Field Hockey Club), their respective administrators, directors, agents, coaches, and other employees of the organization, other participants, sponsoring agencies advertisers, and if applicable owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event, all of which are hereinafter referred to as “releasees,” with respect to all and any injury, disability, death or loss or damage to person or property, whether arising from the negligence of the releasees or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- I hereby grant permission to USA Field Hockey and The Wellesley Scoops Field Hockey Club to use my photograph image or likeness in any or all official USA Field Hockey publications, film, video or official USAFH website(s) without further consideration or compensation. I understand that USAFH retains ownership of all photographs and images and any and all rights to photographs images in any format or medium.
- I have read this release of liability and assumption of risk agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it and sign it freely and voluntarily without any inducement.
Through purchase of the Wellesley Scoops session, this is to certify that I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to her release, as provided above, of all the Releasees, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s involvement or participation in these programs as provided above, even if arising from their negligence, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
For and in consideration of United State Field Hockey Association, Inc. (“USA Field Hockey”)allowing the minor identified below (the “Minor”)to participate in any USA Field Hockey sanctioned event, but not limited to, athletic competitions, games, tournaments, practices, camps, clinics, tryouts and related activities sanctioned by USA Field Hockey (the “Event” or “Events”); I, for myself and behalf of the Minor, and the Minor’s parents/legal guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, herby agree to and make the following contractual representatives pursuant to this Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement (the “Agreement”);
- I hereby represent that (i) I am the parent of legal guardian of the Minor; (ii) the minor is in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in the Event; and (iii) the Minor is not under the influence of alcohol or any illicit or prescription drugs which would in any way impair the Minor’s ability to safely participate in the event. I agree that it is my sole responsibility to determine whether the Minor is sufficiently fit and healthy enough to participate in the Event, and that I am responsible for the Minor’s safety and well being at all times and under all circumstances while at the Event.
- I understand and acknowledge the risks and dangers associated with the Minor's participation in the sport of field hockey, the Events and related activities, including without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury, sickness and disease, permanent disability, paralysis and loss of life; loss of or damage to equipment/property; exposure to extreme conditions and circumstances; contact with other participants, coaches, umpires, officials, spectators, animals or other natural or manmade objects; dangers arising from adverse weather conditions; imperfect field conditions; land, water and surface hazards; equipment failure; inadequate safety measures; participants of varying skill levels; situations beyond the immediate control of the Event Organizers; and other undefined, not readily foreseeable and presently unknown risks and dangers ("Risks"). I understand that these Risks may be caused in whole or in part by the Minor's own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Event, or the negligent acts or omissions of the Released Parties defined below, and on behalf of the Minor, I hereby expressly assume all such Risks and responsibility for any damages, liabilities, losses or expenses which may be incurred as a result of the Minor's participation in any Event.
- I understand that the Minor is required to be familiar with and to abide by the Rules and Regulations established for the Event, including but not limited to the Competitive Rules adopted by USA Field Hockey and any safety regulations established for the benefit of all participants. I accept sole responsibility for the conduct and actions of the Minor while he or she is participating in the Event.
- I agree to abide by and be bound by the applicable USA Field Hockey Bylaws, Code of Conduct and Competition Rules and the SafeSport rules, policies and procedures promulgated by the U.S. Center for Safe Sport as they may be amended from time to time. I agree to be subject to the jurisdiction of the U.S. Center for Safe Sport and agree that any sanctions imposed by the Center extend to my participation in all USA Field Hockey events or activities and may be posted publicly and include information regarding the misconduct involved.
- I understand and agree that the FIH Anti-Doping Rules and U.S. Anti-Doping Agency Protocol for Olympic and Paralympic Movement Testing (USADA Protocol) and all other policies and rules adopted by the FIH, USADA, and the USOC apply to me and that it is my responsibility to comply with those rules. I agree to submit to drug testing at any time and understand that the use of methods or substances prohibited by the applicable anti-doping rules would make me subject to penalties including, but not limited to, disqualification and suspension. If it is determined that I may have committed a doping violation, I agree to submit to the results management authority and processes of USADA, including arbitration under the USADA Protocol, or to the results management authority of the FIH and/or my national federation, if applicable or referred by USADA.
- On behalf of the Minor, I hereby Release, Waive and Covenant Not to Sue, and further agree to Indemnify, Defend and Hold Harmless the following parties: USA Field Hockey, its member athletes/players, clubs, coaches, umpires, trainers, officials, national teams and futures regions; United States Field Hockey Foundation; United States Olympic Committee (USOC); the Event Owners, Directors, Organizers, Promoters, Sponsors and Advertisers; the Host Facility/Venue and the Property Owners or Operators where the Event takes place; Law Enforcement Agencies and other Public Entities providing support for the Event; and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, officers, directors, partners, shareholders, members, agents, employees and volunteers (Individually and Collectively, the "Released Parties" or "Event Organizers"), with respect to any liability, claim(s), demand(s), cause(s) of action, damage(s), loss or expense (including court costs and reasonable attorneys fees) of any kind or nature ("Liability") which may arise out of, result from, or relate in any way to the Minor's participation in the Event, including claims for Liability caused in whole or in part by the negligent acts or omissions of the Released Parties. I further agree that if, despite this Agreement, the Minor, or anyone on the Minor's behalf, makes a claim for Liability against any of the Released Parties, I will indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any such Liabilities which any may be incurred as the result of such claim.
I hereby warrant that I am of legal age and authorized to enter into this Agreement on behalf of the Minor, that I have read this Agreement carefully, understand its terms and conditions, acknowledge that I will be giving up substantial legal rights by signing it (including the rights of the Minor, the Minor's parents/legal guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns), acknowledge that I have signed this Agreement without any inducement, assurance or guarantee, and intend for my signature to serve as confirmation of my complete and unconditional acceptance of the terms, conditions and provisions of this Agreement. This Agreement represents the complete understanding between the parties regarding these issues and no oral representations, statements or inducements have been made apart from this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.